Play up the tropical flavours of passionfruit with this coconut cake and ribbons of fresh mango.
- 175g butter, soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Whipped cream and/or yoghurt
- Fresh passionfruit and fresh mango
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract then eggs one at a time, beating well between each.
- Fold in the flour, coconut and baking powder until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased tin (21cm round or 21cm square) and then bake at 175°C for 25–35 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled, dollop on whipped cream (or half whipped cream half yoghurt) then fresh passionfruit and ribbons of fresh mango.
Recipe via Nourish Magazine.