As we enter the warmer months, it’s time to celebrate dishes that are full of colour, fresh produce and vibrant flavours.
Homegrown Kitchen founder Nicola Galloway produces many amazing recipes for each season, especially spring!
Tuck into this Jewelled Quinoa Salad that is bursting with fresh flavour.
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- Large handful (about 100g) each parsley and mint, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 4 tbsp
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Half telegraph cucumber, cubed
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
1. Bring the water to boil in a large saucepan. Add the sale and quinoa and boil for 12-15 minutes until the quinoa is just tender while still chewy. Drain thoroughly in a sieve and spread the quinoa in a shallow bowl to cool. The quinoa can be prepared the day before and stored in a container in the fridge overnight.
2. To prepare the salad, in a large bowl combine the cooled quinoa (or couscous) with the chopped herbs, lemon juice and olive oil. Stir well and taste, adding extra lemon juice if needed and season well. Fold through the tomatoes and cucumber and sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds. Cover until ready to serve.
Check out more of Nicola’s recipes through her website here.