A simple twist on a Christmas classic, these cookie houses are the perfect festive treat to create with the kids this silly season.
- 2 cups (300g) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 pkt (250g) Arnott’s Nice biscuits
- various lollies, M&M’s, cake decorations, sprinkles, etc.
- Sift icing sugar into a large bowl. Add milk a little at a time and stir until you have a thick, paste-like icing.
- Spread a little icing onto one biscuit and top with another to form the base of a house. Spread icing onto this top biscuit as well. Repeat to make six bases.
- Spread some more icing along the long edge of one biscuit and press it against another to create a V shape. Place this upside down onto a base, using icing to adhere. Repeat to make six houses.
- Decorate the houses with lollies, etc. using icing to stick them to the roof and base.
- You can use any rectangular shaped store-bought biscuit, or make your own.
- Coloured sugars, cachous and 100s & 1000s used for cake decorating would be perfect here.
Recipe via Kidspot New Zealand